Search This Blog

1.24.2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

The other day I was craving something sweet so I pulled out my trusty, but somewhat dusty, recipe box.  I began searching for a dessert that didn't require going to the store for ingredients (I really dislike going to the store).  Finally, after about half way through my one inch think stack of dessert recipes I came across this recipe.  The name of the recipe was intriguing enough to give them a try, so I did.

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies!

I thought these deserved some attention, so I gave it a whirl.  The bad part was, I was on the phone when I started this recipe and didn't realize it said to COMBINE ingredients in order listed.  Instead I just dumped all but the flour and choco chips into the bowl then had a really difficult time mixing it all together.  So, just learn from my mistake and mix after each ingredient!  Also, if you have a Kitchen Aid mixer (which I do, but was too lazy to pull out) or something similar I highly recommend using it or you'll have a hard time mixing in the last couple cups of flour and chocolate chips.  This recipe is SUPER thick, so if you think you did something wrong, you didn't.  It just really is that thick!

You're going to LOVE these chocolate chip cookies, and be forewarned, they make A LOT!  I was able to get about three dozen and still had enough to freeze two more batches, so enjoy some frozen cookie dough later!

These chocolate chip cookies are so ooey and gooey, almost have a cake like consistency to them.  They are delish!  Yum.

If you guys make them let me know what you think! 

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

2C Brown Sugar
2C Sugar
1C Vegetable Oil
8 oz (1C) Sour Cream
4 Large Eggs
2 Tablespoons Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
6C Flour
12 oz chocolate Chips (although, I think next time I'll use two full bags)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine (there's that key word again!) ingredients in order listed and mix well until dough is smooth and chocolate chips are evenly distributed through mixture.  Drop by tablespoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet.  My mom tells me that my Grandma used to say it was a sad cookie that didn't grease the sheet itself, but these are not sad cookies at all.  They are amazing!

Bake for 15 min.

You will find these absolutely yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment