Search This Blog

9.26.2013

Fishing Birthday Party

We celebrated Kayden's fourth birthday with a Fishing Theme Party!  I am a tad bit crazy when it comes to his parties and literally start planning them a year in advance, so I had plenty of time to work on all the details, minor and major ones. 

I am extremely thrilled with the way the weather cooperated.  We had a fairly decent week with mostly sunshine and a few rain showers here and there.  I would check my phone every day, sometimes a couple times a day, to see if they changed their forecast prediction for saturday, with no success.  It was expected to rain, rain, rain and I was not happy about it.  We love being able to let the kids run around outside and the adults hanging out there as well, but I was preparing to have the whole party inside.  I stayed up way late Friday night decorating, hanging the "fishing poles" and "goldfish" from the ceiling and getting all the non-refrigerated food prepared. 

Then Saturday, we woke up to SUN.  I was ready to call everyone on our guest list to come over right then and there just so we could take advantage of the sunshine.  Around 10:30 (party was at 1:00) I started prepping to have this party OUTSIDE!  YAHOO.  I hoped and wished that the sun would stick around long enough for the party.  What happened from about 4:00 on was fine with me, I just wanted the sun to stay, and it DID and it was actually a fairly warm day.  I loved it.

For the party we played a couple games, a fishing game where kids had to fish in the pool of balloons for goldfish with different numbers on them.  Then they got to pick a prize based on that number.  Then we played the oh-so-popular ping pong ball toss into goldfish bowls.  The kids loved that one.  It was really fun. 

Then the rest of the day was filled with playing, opening gifts and eating cake!  Couldn't have asked for a better party.

Hard to believe my little guys if four!  Crazy, Crazy, I tell ya.

I wish I would have gotten better, individual pictures of the decorations.  Live and learn, I suppose.



These were the party favors.  The ones in the brown bag were the ones for the kids who weren't taking a fish home and the ones on the table were filled with fish food to take home with their goldfish.

Prize table.
Goldfish doubled as ping pong game and party favors.



Present time!


 
My best friend from high school gave Kayden a treasure map to follow around our yard that led him to the pirate booty.  It was filled with all of their favorite things, marshmallows, books, cowboy boots, skittles, and much, much more.  It was such a great idea and a huge hit!

The oh-so-talented Christy made Kaydens cake and it was AMAZING.  Loved it.
Kayden liked and didn't like all the singing.  But I think the grin on his face says he liked it more than not. 
 
The birthday party was a huge hit, and I think Kayden loved it.  I'm so excited to see what the fourth year brings us.  I'm optimistic that it'll be the best year yet.  We struggled through three, but I have faith that four will prove to be an amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment