Search This Blog

7.19.2013

I'm Lame

Ok, so the good news is...Kayden is too young to remember or care, the bad news is, this is the first of, what I know, will be a long list of disappointments at the hands of his mom/parents!

It all started on Tuesday when I got an email inviting us to watch The Little Mermaid at the Seattle Aquarium, where we are annual members.  We had such a good time last time we went that I instantly wanted to go.  So, after we got home from meeting Kyle for lunch (it was his birthday!), I instantly signed the three of us up.  Excitement building all week.

Let's fast forward to tonight. Kyle and I made arrangements to meet in Seattle, I brought Subway with me because we weren't going to have time to grab something at the waterfront.  We finished our dinner and let Kayden run around the pier until the doors opened at 7.

Seven o'clock comes and we are standing outside the doors waiting to go in.  Feeling a bit concerned because there is no line, not a sole besides us and one other family, so I decide to look at my email to see if they give directions on which door to enter through and that's when I saw the date for the event....July 18th, and well, today is July 19th.  Oops!  My stomach dropped, knowing the disappointment I just created for my little guy.  It upset me.

BUT, the night wasn't a total doosie.  We decided to hang out in Seattle and enjoy the beautiful day/night anyway.  Kayden had been asking to ride the Seattle Great Wheel, aka a humongous Ferris wheel, so we did that, and we all enjoyed it!  I think I kinda redeemed myself....kinda....hopefully....maybe.

Such a beautiful day. These pics are without editing of any kind!

Here Kayden is asking Kyle & me if we are scared to ride the Ferris wheel.  Making sure to point at each of us so we know he is speaking to us.
Kayden and Kyle racing here!  Of course Kayden won every time, he's such a fast runner.  Olympic gold in his future? I'm not going to rule it out!



So happy to be riding the Ferris wheel. At one point he said, "This is so cool!"
Can you see the Ferris wheel shadow in the above pic?

So, all in all, the night wasn't a total loss. We still had a great time and got home much earlier than we would have if we ended up going to the movie, which is always nice when it's a Friday AND there is a three year old involved.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment