Search This Blog

8.17.2014

Craft Project with Katie and Kayden

Katie spent a couple nights with us the other day and her and Kayden were bored, so I had a few craft supplies on hand and had the kids get to it.

I picked up colored 12x12 canvases for super cheap, so I let the kids pick their color, then their desired shape.  Cut the shape out of vinyl with my Silhouette and adhered it to the canvases.  Then sent the kids out to the back deck with paint, giant marshmallows and their canvases.  I didn't have any paint brushes....and I remembered seeing on Pinterest how you could use marshmallows....so, I tried it out.  And it worked pretty well, only advise would be to switch out the marshmallows often.  The paint makes them softy and eventually the ooey, gooey marshmallow transfers to the canvas. 

Once the kids were done we let the canvases dry, then the next morning we removed the vinyl sticker and voilĂ , super cute canvases that they kids made themselves!

 







Kayden wouldn't let me get a picture of him with his canvas, and then he decided to give it to Papa Larry, so I have no finished picture of it.  That's ok though, he told me he wants to make another one.  When I asked why he gave it away to Papa if he wanted one for himself he said, "Uh, because Papa Larry didn't have one and he needed it".  Ok, fair enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment